Here are some statistics on human trafficking.
- California, along with Texas and Florida, is one of the top states in the nation for human trafficking
- California is a top destination for traffickers due to its major harbors, airports, coastlines, international borders, economy and immigration population
- FBI crime analysis puts California and Nevada as having the highest rates of child prostitution in the western region of the United States.
U.S. Victim Statistics
- Between 18,000 and 20,000 victims trafficked into the United States annually.
- More than half of the victims trafficked into United States are thought to be children.
- Within the U.S., both citizens and non-citizens fall prey to traffickers.
- The best estimates, the best data suggests we have at least 10,000 American kids a year victimized through the practice of child prostitution; that number ranges as high as 300,000.
- Approximately 1.6 million runaway/throwaway youth are at risk of sexual exploitation.